Appointments & Fees
- Standard appointments run for 50-60 minutes. Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm.
- You do not need a referral from your doctor to make an appointment. However, if you wish to claim the Medicare rebate please ensure that you have been assessed by your doctor and that you bring a Mental Health Care Plan which has been completed by your Doctor. Also if you wish to claim from your private Health Fund you may need to check with your fund to see if you need a referral from your Doctor.
- To make an appointment please email email@example.com with your details or ring and leave a message on my work line + 61 (2) 9221 2922
Fees per session
- My standard fee is in accordance with the Australian Psychological Society recommended fee for 2013-2014. This fee is $245.00 including GST per session. However, if this amount is too costly or you have any other questions about the fee then please feel free to discuss your concerns with me.
- You may be able to claim a proportion of your fees from Medicare if your doctor assesses that your cognitive, emotional or social abilities are being significantly impaired. Under this arrangement you will need a referral and your Mental Health Care Plan from your Doctor.
- Alternatively if you are privately insured you may be able to redeem a proportion of your fees. The amount will depend on your level of cover.
- Accepted forms of payment include cash, cheque, online payment, and EFTPOS.
Payment for missed sessions or cancellations:
- Full fee will be charged for cancellations on the day of appointment
- If cancellations occur 1 or more clear working days before your appointment, it is recommended that all attempts be made to reschedule rather than miss your appointment. Continuity of sessions is important. Additionally, once therapy has settled into a rhythm, non-scheduled gaps in attendance can also interfere with good progress.
Session times are allocated for you over a period of time and it is not usual for therapists to fill missed sessions with other clients.
Susan is a registered provider with Medicare which offers financial assistance in the form of rebates for eligible clients for 10 sessions per calendar year. If you are suffering from a mental disorder, such as major depression or anxiety or other psychological difficulties that interfere extensively with your life, you are likely to be eligible for the rebates. For more information on the Medicare Rebate please click on the link for the Medicare Facts Sheet.www.health.gov.au/mentalhealth-betteraccess
Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) Program
Susan is a registered provider of ATAPS Psychological Services with, Eastern Sydney Medicare Local, Northern Sydney Medicare Local and Sydney North Shore and Beaches Medicare Local. Individuals accessing ATAPS services need to meet a more stringent eligibility criteria to receive this service.
Susan is a WorkCover approved Psychologist.
Private Health Insurance
Many private funds offer rebates for psychological services. You may be eligible for rebates if you have cover for ancillary benefits. The rebate amount will vary depending on your level of cover. It is suggested that you check your entitlements with your health fund.
- Therapy is contracted as much as possible at the same time each week. Twice weekly sessions may be needed if individuals are feeling at risk.
- Because continuity is important, it is advisable that the client not take breaks (work or holiday), in the first few weeks of therapy.
If for any reason you feel that the therapy is not working, it is important that you feel comfortable to discuss openly your thoughts and feelings with your therapist.
- When the decision to stop therapy needs to be discussed, it is required that this takes place over a minimum of a two-week period. There can be important therapeutic issues in the decision to discontinue.